Friday, May 18, 2012

“GO WEST, YOUNG MAN”: Part 1 - Photos from Winnipeg

Day 3 - Monday, April 23, 2012

At 8:00 a.m. (according to the train schedule), and shortly after I finished a hearty breakfast on Day 3, The Canadian’ stopped in Winnipeg to change crews and take on supplies. I guess we passengers had tired out the first set of porters with all our demands, and the cupboards were bare. We had eaten every stick of the food? All I could say to the new crew was, “Good luck changing my behaviour now that I’m used to living in luxury!”

[“My first glimpse of Winnipeg was ‘Under Construction’”] 

Beautiful back-lit posters festooned the walls of the Winnipeg CN station and gave me much to look forward to, in terms of views. 

[“Two days later I was a part of this very scene”]

[“The Assiniboine R. travels under the Trans-
Canada Highway in downtown Winnipeg”]

[“I walked over the Assiniboine in search of
refreshments before re-boarding the train”]

[“All aboard for Jasper! Let’s go west, young man”]

We left Winnipeg before noon and covered many more miles before the sun set in the west.

More to follow.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here to view “GO WEST, YOUNG MAN”: Photos from a water stop in Hornepayne

No comments: