Sunday, October 18, 2020

A Week's Work (7)

 The Weather has been Very Good for Walking and Running

  The Week of October 11 - 17: Perfect for "Speedy Pop Man" 

"The coast is clear. Run like the wind, or maybe a light breezer."
Hey that rhymes with geezer : )

Introduction:

On four occasions last week I walked or ran on the west branch of the Thames Valley Parkway (TVP: It includes the Terry Fox Pathway and two tidy 'comfort stations'), even though there are three branches, along with unlimited routes I could access in the 7 - 8.25-mile range from my house in Old South London. If anything, I'm a geezer who likes his routines.

I like morning coffee as much as the next person, three meals per day, daily walks or runs, and a couple of other productive or beneficial habits. Vacuuming... not so much.

And speaking of geezers, I really don't mind the term/label. It sounds faintly friendly and relatively accurate.

That being said, one day (Warning: I may have shared this story before, but give me a break, eh. It's my blog : ) while running through Gibbons Park in Old North, I passed a relatively young man from behind. He was nicely dressed and carrying a musical instrument (brass) in a solid, black case. He gave me lots of room and visa versa (Covid - 19 is on almost everyone's mind these days), and shortly after I passed him I did my turn-around for my return trip home to Wortley Village.

Within a minute or two I noticed Mr. Dress-up again - coming toward me, still dressed up with some place to go - and as we approached one another I gave a quick wave, and as we passed he said (louder than needed), "Hey, Speedy Pop Man!"

The recognition made me laugh and I thought, "Sounds better than 'Old Geezer.' I'll take it."

I took it, and here are "Speedy Pop Man's" records for the past week:.

Good weather, good runs (9.5-mi. run on Sunday), walks, and a super birthday
get-together for my youngest son (age 47). Yup, "Speedy Pop Man" is a geezer!

I am now adding one km to my usual walk day. Will it become a routine?

Good weekly mileage. "Speedy Pop Man" = "Steady Eddie"

Photos from Along the Way:

MAPLE LEAVES ARE EVERYWHERE!






Home, sweet home.

Please link to A Week's Work in October 2020 (6) for more brilliant information about running logs and photographs : )

Photos GH

No comments: