Wednesday, April 6, 2022

April 2022: Photos and Thots From Along the Way

The Photographs Keep Piling Up

The Miles Keep Adding Up Too

Walking south, under Oxford Street, beside the River Thames

Introduction:

Recently, the plan was to slowly and steadily turn some of my walking miles (approx. 45 miles per month) into running miles with an eye on participating in a "slow and Steady Eddie-style" half marathon in September of this year.

But I think I may have not just one, but two over-use injuries at the moment (April 6th); a sore right ankle keeps my mind focussed on stretching and strengthening that area; a recent (first week in March) calf muscle strain or pull has interrupted my three-times per week slow walk/run outings. The strain is a real pain! What's with this getting older?? 

Still, I walk six times per week - most often with a camera - 'cause it's a habit, you know. 

Photos From Along the Way:

Port Bruce. I did not walk or run to this fav destination : )

TVP North, a lovely walk for hundreds and hundreds per day.
Just not right now!


Green and Gators on St. Patrick's Day






Winter kicked up a fuss during March



Out walkn in the 'hood


Big Gazebo! That looks like a nice place to sit on St. Patrick's Day

TVP North was a wee bit greener on St. Patrick's Day

Occasionally I take out a package of magic markers: Brain Power!

For certain, spring is on the way

Many thoughts about my walking and running are shared below in a series entitled Steady Eddie: A Walking and Running Habit (Parts 1 - 4).

Scroll down to Part 1, or use Blog Archive for the month of March in the right hand margin to easily view the four entries in order.

More miles to walk, more thots to share... will soon follow.

Photos by GH 

No comments: