Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Duct Tape: For ducts and blue boxes, not ducks and tailpipes

As a True Canadian, one who sings the national anthem at all sporting events (even curling) and plays hockey with a sweet mixture of grace and aggression, I always have 3M duct tape on hand for minor and major repairs.


This morning I used red duct tape to strengthen the battered corners of my blue box, minutes after a young man in coveralls winged it over his left shoulder and bounced it off a telephone pole before it landed on my lawn.

See how nicely it matches the porch broom. If there’s one thing I like - it’s colour co-ordination.


Those who have been going through life thinking the stickiest, most versatile tape in the world is called duck tape, please take note.


["Versatile - make your own wallet": photos by GAH]

On the inside of the roll are the following words:

Duct Tape. Warning - Do not use on flues, chimneys, mufflers or tailpipes. Not to be confused with duck tape, an inferior product sold only in the seediest of stores.

***

Have you used duct tape for a quick fix?

Tell me what you fixed.

.

No comments: