Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hey You: Your Retirement Pension has been Approved

Jim Doodles, I’m almost a senior citizen! (When have I ever said Jim Doodles before? Where did that come from?)

And I’ll only receive a letter like the one following once in my lifetime.


From the Canada Pension Plan:

“You will receive your first payment at the end of October 2009. Shortly before your first payment, we will send you a notice providing you with the exact amount.” Signed, The Government of Canada

Come on, man. I’ve been waiting almost 60 years to get some of my money back from the government. I want to know exactly how much you’re going to deposit into my thingamajig at the bank right now.

Will it be enough to put some toward my line of credit (that home reno hit me hard), pay for new hockey pants, buy a mountain bike (I’ve got to get off my 12-speed Miele, even though it is a sweet ride. My butt can’t take it anymore), buy a T-shirt that says ‘Respect yer elders, Dipweed,’ and save for a wee vacation?

If my CPP (that’s seniors’ lingo for cash for life) can do all that it will take the sting out of waiting for so long.

Almost 60 years!

***

Is there a book entitled ‘Pros and Cons of Turning 60’?

If not, what are the pros and cons?

.

No comments: