Saturday, August 22, 2009

Getting older has perks. Whazzat? I said, there are perks

I explained to someone recently how I ripped my hockey pants. (It’s old age: I absent-mindedly put my pants on before my skates).

I felt better about the rip after talking to a guy who had done the same thing. In a bigger hurry, he was. Had a bigger rip to prove it.

That’s one perk of getting older. More things to laugh about at the end of the day. Or hockey game.

And I can now laugh about my botched $1.00 haircut, seen in the old photo below (March, 1972).


On the back of it my wife wrote, "Dad looks like he is in the army."

More perks (from my oldest sister - the voice of experience):

You enjoy long conversations about pension plans.



You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.



You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the 
room.



You enjoy singing along with elevator music.



Your eyes won't get much worse.



And your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay  off.

***

More perks to getting older? Let me know. Sweet Sixty is around the corner.

Thank goodness for early CPP to take the edge off.

.


No comments: