Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I wonder if it’s about the money? Pt 2

Money matters. Apparently, so does our long-form census.

It’s in all the news. It’s not going away.

In an earlier post I stated “maybe our Prime Minister realizes Canada is headed for the poor house,” and that affected his decision about the census. You know, stop producing the penny and stop sending out all those census forms - to save money.

I don’t know if PM Harper has the census under his microscope because it’s an ideological issue as some of his critics say.

To them I say, it may be an ideological issue in part.

It may also be a financial issue in part.

It may be because the Pm is vindictive and small-minded and ornery in part.


["Other- 5%? Let me see. Contrariness?"]

It may be all those things and more.

I wish there was a machine that spit out percentages when an issue came up and it worked like this:

Ideology - 32%

Financial concerns - 28%

Vindictiveness - 12%

Small-mindedness - 8%

Asleep at the switch - 8%

Indigestion - 7%

Other - 5%

The machine would really help.

Until it’s invented, however, we’ll have to make due with lots of discussion, and I’ll continue to speculate that money is involved because money matters and it’s getting tight.

***

What could ‘Other - 5%’ be? Now I’m curious.

.

No comments: