Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Lite News: How would you answer this question?

Police: Do you know what you’re growing in the pots on your porch?

65-year old grandmother: Yes. Reefer. I planted it.

Stop the presses! Wait just a doggone minute!

This really happened. While Memphis police were investigating a matter in a local neighbourhood recently, they noticed potted plants outside a person’s house. They knocked on the door. They asked Helen Franklin, age 65, the above $5,000 question. (Helen has been charged and is being held on a $5,000 bond).


["Arnie. Someone's at the door for you."]

In my opinion, however, there are several answers to the question that I’d try first - if I’d been in the grandmother’s situation.

Let’s run through this again.

Knock, knock.

Police: Do you know what you’re growing in the pots on your porch?

GH: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I don’t have any pots on my porch.

Let me get my glasses. I can’t see a thing.

Darn kids these days.

My wife buys the plants around here. Let me go get her.

***

How would you answer the question?

.

No comments: