Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fun and Fitness: Yup. I’m still reading and riding

For those who are wondering, and I’m sure there are many, I am still riding my recumbent exercise bike to remain the fine physical specimen you have grown to recognize.

‘Fine’ isn’t a stretch either. I’d go as far as to say ‘delicious’, but that’s an old story and not worth repeating today. Another time, for certain!


As you can see, I exercise in a very comfortable corner of the house, far away from my wife who occasionally complains that I stink up the joint while pedalling.

As well, I continue to keep a log of my bike rides and hockey games and try to cover 100 miles per week. After hours of completing complicated mathematical calculations, I determined that one hockey game is the equivalent of riding 5 miles on my bike.

As of last night, I have exceeded the desired 100 mi./wk. average for almost two years, and have collected 341 extra miles.


["Look at all those extra miles. Delicious!": photos GH]

In other words, I could get injured in hockey, be laid up for 3.41 weeks and still be on track. Brilliant!

Or, in the words of a local reader, delicious!

***

Why is there a “funeral” sign in the garbage can? I’ll get to that.

Please click here to read another post related to Fun and Fitness.

.

No comments: