Friday, February 24, 2012

It Strikes Me Funny: “Dude, what are you cooking?”

Out of curiosity I recently checked one of my favourite blog stats, i.e., the top ten ‘search keywords’ or words that people ‘Google’ that lead to my lovely site.

And here they are, for those readers who are curious as well.

Search Keywords

solar oven plans 858
1996 everest disaster 626
northern lights 581
ants 534


["Henry, one of the big bad bug brothers, might be a hit"]

how to make a solar oven 406
permafrost 190
rob hall everest 165
how to build a solar oven 164
squirrel meat 148
squirrel 145

Some will notice - out of 3,817 total hits under consideration - my brilliant ideas about solars ovens burn the other entries, and receive 37% of the traffic. My Mt. Everest stories collect 21% of traffic; substantial, but a distant second in my opinion, and I think it deserves better. (I’ll get on it right away).

Some will wonder, as do I, why cute ants are so popular.

Other readers may be looking at the last two entries in my top ten, i.e., ‘squirrel meat’ and ‘squirrel’ and wonder what the heck I’m planning to have for supper, or what that smell is coming from my solar oven!

I can explain. I wrote a song - very popular I guess - about squirrel stew in a Mason jar, as well as a few entries about how squirrels always seem to find their way into my bird feeders.

I can’t explain the ‘permafrost’ entry definitively. I guess I’ll have to Google it to find out.

And if you’ve already done so, thanks for stopping by.

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: