Saturday, February 18, 2012

It Strikes Me Funny: If I had a hammer...

In the past, when I visited my son in Fenelon Falls, I pitched in whole-heartedly with certain hard tasks.

For example, I helped attach strips of lumber - whilst perched atop a tall ladder - to many exterior walls before applying new siding. I helped level stony earth - whilst standing at a precarious angle - to support cribs for cement. I helped build the cribs and pour cement for footings to support posts for an exterior balcony. I helped cart a lot of lumber up and down a hilly path. I helped build a deck outside his back door.

After every task, my son thanked me for all my work. And surely it goes without saying, I come highly-skilled!


Last night, shortly after I arrived in Fenelon for a visit, he mentioned that he'll probably start a very big job related to expanding his dock in the spring.

So, between now and then, whenever he and I are together, I'm going to grab my back ("Oh, I think it's twisted!) a few times per day and drop any tool I can find on my toe. Maybe his.

As a matter of fact, I'm looking for a hammer right now.

Photo by G.Harrison

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: