Friday, March 23, 2012

60 Plus: “I still can’t touch my toes”

I know my weekly hockey game has something to do with my stiff back and the fact I could only get within four inches of touching my toes yesterday.

There are other factors: I’m 60 Plus years of age; I don’t have a stretching routine; I have very short arms.

However, for the second day in a row, I completed a few easy stretching exercises before sitting down at the computer. And... good news. Moments ago I reached about one inch closer to my toes - without medical assistance.


[“You little beggars are getting closer!”]

Really, I have to become more flexible. The only positive thing about grunting and groaning while putting on shoes and socks in the morning is that I provide comic relief for my wife. And while in the shower, I have to wrap a washcloth around the end of a spatula in order to clean between my toes. Not a pretty sight.

60 Plus. Sure, I have more time to stop to smell the roses, but if I have to bend over, it’s a tough job.

[Photo by GHarrison]

***

Please click here for more 60 Plus. Then stretch!

.

No comments: