Monday, March 5, 2012

Walking 2: Discovering London in one pair of pants


Admittedly, I have short legs and a determined stride, and when I go for a walk I must look to others like I’m in a hurry.

I don’t think I will be able to change. As I walk I get lost in thought and my stride is controlled by the ‘involuntary activity’ part of my brain, along with breathing, blinking, beating of the heart and so on.

I do slow down and stop, however, when I come upon a scene that I enjoy and wish to ‘capture on film’, though I suppose the phrase today is ‘record digitally inside a little plastic thingee in my camera’.


["I slowed down in Thames Park"]


["I also stopped beside the Thames R. in Harris Park"]

More about Walk 2: I voluntarily repeated my walk up two long hills to give my wee legs more of a workout and because I’m on a scoring spree (four goals in the last two games) and want it to continue.

Vanity. All is vanity. : )

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here to view Walking 1

.

No comments: