Monday, March 3, 2008

Next column: Bombs in the water or a reply to Rona Ambrose MP?

Ok, I think I could squeeze a brilliant story out of the fact there are hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, of unexploded WWll bombs in Canadian lakes, rivers and oceans areas.

Add a dash of TNT, exploding fish, contaminated water (though we already know about that) and a few personal safety issues (e.g. “Don’t drop anchor there, Billy. Yeah, maybe there”) and I think I might have a winner.

As well, I received this morning a nice letter from the desk of the former Minister of the Environment, Rona Ambrose, who is now working out of the federal Tory mailroom, in which I’m asked for my valuable opinion about taxation levels in this country.

Methinks, since I have an opinion about everything, I could use my reply to her as the basis for another type of column (likely brilliant too).


[B is for Bombs]

On the one hand we live in a country that has a Department of Defense that knows where all the bombs are, has several phone numbers for bomb disposal companies on its roladex but sits on its hands.

On the other we have a government so desperate for information about which way to proceed it contacts me, for heaven’s sake.

Either way, two troubling tales are on the menu this week.

No comments: