Monday, December 29, 2008

It Strikes Me Funny: Favourite quotes from 2008

As usual, I wrote a lot of brilliant stuff in 2008, if three short emails from local readers is any indication.

Remember this quote from July?


“I also like camping because it gives me a chance to shake up my routines, cook over an open fire, use one pot and spoon for every meal, wear the same shirt for several days in a row, take a dip with a bar of eco-friendly soap when Pat starts to look at me funny and forget about home and all responsibilities associated with it.”

I mean, don’t you wish it was summer right now and you were swatting mosquitoes beside Lake Ontario?

Better than my own quote, however, was this one from, Arthur Frommer, travel writer:

“I will go to my grave claiming that the less you spend the more you enjoy, the more authentic the experience it is, the more profound, the more exciting, the more unexpected.”

It makes me want to find a pebble beach, light up my Kelly kettle and enjoy a cup of tea.

***

Do you have a favourite quote from 2008?

.

No comments: