Friday, July 10, 2009

My philosophy re motorcycling: Get back on the horse quickly

On my way into London yesterday after an enjoyable ride on the Virago, an over-eager car driver turned in front of me at a busy intersection.

I was clearly visible so the driver must have under-estimated my speed i.e. 45 - 50 kph in a 50 kph zone.

I hit both brakes, wobbled just a touch, missed his (or her; I didn’t see the driver because I was watching my limited path and the part of the car I felt I was about to hit) back bumper by an inch or two and, without thinking, barked out a few obscenities.

{Sorry, I lied. More than a few obscenities. #*&% and !?!&% and WT%##?!! come immediately to mind. I was very angry).

When my wife offered the use of the car for my short trip to Ilderton (see below) I said, no thanks, I’ll ride my bike.

The Virago is warming up nicely right now and I’ll be on my way in seconds.

And more watchful at every intersection.

***

Let’s be careful out there.

I want to be at grandson Jackson’s 40th birthday and Ollie’s 30th.

.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Discourteous drivers, and those who are paying no attention period, drive me insane. Glad you were able to brake in time.