Friday, July 31, 2009

Zoom w a View: The last birdhouses of the season

I promise, I’m not going to make any more bird boxes during this fiscal year (sorry, that’s business speak for 2009; selling birdhouses has gone to my head!), no matter how much scrap or reusable lumber I find here, there and everywhere.


Sure, I’ll still pick up lumber from the curb and say ‘thank you ever so much’ when it’s offered to me, but I’ll sit on it ‘til next spring.


It’s officially time to move on and put together six more Adirondack chairs.


["For more than a glimpse of the Audrey Adirondack chair, see side margin": photos by GAH]

Hmmm, I guess I will be sitting on lumber in more ways than one.

.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Poor little birds who're waiting for a Habitat for Aviary. I think you should build whatever gives you joy!

G. Harrison said...

Hi Kathleen,

I'm sure I'll spot or think of another interesting birdhouse design in the next week or two, and want try my hand at it. They are fun to do, for sure.

However, I have a few chair projects and art pieces I want to try, and use some different brain cells before they're all gone.

I'll post re "a slab of mulberry" soon. Very different.

Cheers,

GAH