Monday, August 16, 2010

In the Workshop: A project for the wall of my house

While birdhouse spotting yesterday I stopped to photograph birdhouses in a garden and saw a unique unit over my right shoulder.


["I spotted this one south of Aylmer, Ont.": photos GH]

A project was born, for which I have most of the necessary ingredients on hand.

I have a blank wall.


I have a cedar birdhouse built from rescued lumber for that piece of blank wall.


I have a slab of mulberry to attach to the wall as I did on the front porch.


I also have lengths of lumber to frame the slab of mulberry, as I did to an identical slab - now on the front porch.


I have nails, screws, tools, and a workshop.

I just need two - three hours of free time.

What’s that, Ollie? You want to feed the birds and sweep out the workshop and dig in the garden and run through the sprinkler?

***

If you hear my saws at work later tonight you’ll know I’m busy in the shop.

.

No comments: