Friday, August 6, 2010

The Lite News: 75 rats per city block in Halifax

Rats are enjoying fresh ocean breezes these days as they vacation in the lovely city of Halifax, just a short drive from Peggy’s Cove, Lunenburg and Crystal Crescent Beach Park on Pennant Point.


["In Halifax, visit the Rogues Roost. Lovely": photos GH]

Yesterday afternoon, shortly after listening to news about rats in Halifax on CBC Radio, and recalling I stayed at a hostel there just two months ago, my wife asked, “Did you see any rats while you were there?”


["Halifax, at the corner of Pizza and Beer"]

“No,” I said. “But while packing up my bike to go home three short, hairy guys helped me carry my luggage to the curb. In return, all they wanted was a piece of cheese.”


["Maxwell's Plum Pub; lovely; I can see why short, hairy guys love the town"]

I didn’t have to look. I could hear her roll her eyes.

***

I’d go back to Halifax in a heart-beat.

Rats, or no rats.

.

No comments: