Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday: No Official To-Do List

Over Coffee

No matter where I am or what day it is, I usually wake up with certain thoughts appearing on the edge of my brain pan:

     What day is this?

     Is somebody making coffee?

     Should I get up now?

     What will I do this morning, once I am up and functional?

If the answer to the first question is 'Sunday' and the answer to the second is 'not yet', then I get up with a smile - at the very least, a bit of a happy face - and shuffle off to the kitchen to grind a few coffee beans. And over coffee, I lazily sort out the day. Easy task first. Easy task second. Easy task third, and so on. Sunday is an easy day.

Tasks at hand:

     Coffee. Check

     Look in mirror. Assess damage. Shower.

     Call or email Lloyd (WW 2 veteran), ask if he is up for a visit

     If he is, wrap up a colour copy of 'Halifax and Another
     Hard Promise' (a book in which he is featured) as a gift

     Drive to Markham

Not bad for starters. Sunday should be a great day. You have a good one too.

No comments: