Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Swap Boxes and a Squirrel Nesting Box

 The Swap Boxes are from the Early Days


The One and Only Squirrel Nesting Box

I can tell it's my first Swap Box... the hinges are visible on the outside.
And I soon switched to plexiglass doors. Ahhh... the Early Days

Introduction:

Squirrels have, on occasion, been the bane of my existence : )

They were always a nuisance when I had a bird feeder or two in the back yard. My wife likes to remind me that I tossed a lovely tiled trivet (her gift to me) out the back window one winter's morn to chase a squirrel off the feeder.

Squirrel and trivet survived. Note slight damage, lower left corner : )

"I wasn't trying to chase it," I'll say. "I was trying to knock it out!"

So, I built a nesting box for wood-working experience only... for someone who lived far away.

One of my first swap boxes went far away as well, to Ottawa, and was featured in a new's story there. I said I was available for a full-length TV interview but I never heard back. The second went to a friend's house a few blocks away.

Photos follow from The Workshop:



























More photographs from The Workshop will follow.


Photos GH

No comments: