Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dear Ann Landers: Married 38 years, I find tax time taxing


Dear Ann,

It’s that time of year again - spring is in the air, people are raking their lawns, neatly organizing garden tools in their shed and trying to find tax forms under a pile of papers on their desks.

At my house, it’s also the time my wife starts reminding me - for the 37th year in a row - that I should try to get my taxes done earlier than I did in 1971.

OK, I admit it, I left filling out the tax forms until after our first anniversary in August, but how does she remember stuff like that?

It’s not even April yet and she’s already dropped the words ‘tax forms', 'T-4 slips', and 'April 30 deadline’ into three totally unrelated conversations and left two Post-It notes on the TV remote.

I could scream. What should I do?

Signed, Over-taxed in Old South.

***

Dear Over-taxed,

So, what are you waiting for? Do your taxes. And thanks for the tip about Post-Its on the remote. My own hubby will never see it coming.

Ann

.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, just found your blog and am looking forward to visiting often.

Jane said...

Hey, did you know they're looking for a new Ann Landers? It was in the Freak Press the other day - looks like you're a natural. Reminds of that column mom did once pretending to dish out advice - it was hilarious.
Here I am:
www.lifebeginsatretirement.blogspot.com

G. Harrison said...

Hi Hazel,

I'll check out the Freeps thingy. I could use a stay-at-home writing job that allows me to share some of my many opinions/

gh

G. Harrison said...

Dear Readers,

Hazel is my lovely younger sister. A visit to her new site will save you money, I guarantee it.

GAH