Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Simple Life: Gordie Howe’s formula for success

Gordie Howe’s wife, Colleen, who passed away recently, will be remembered in many significant ways by her family and friends.

[link to Associated Press article]

Gordie knew how lucky he was. He included Colleen, and rightly so, in his formula for success:

"Believe in yourself. Love what you do. Follow your dreams. Overcome challenges. Believe in God. Marry the right girl." [from a 1999 interview]


Though we surely measure success in hundreds of ways, if I was asked for a formula, my wife of 38 years would figure prominently in it too.

***

I appreciated reading about that simple formula. Priorities in life don’t need to be complex.

Do you have a simple formula?

.

3 comments:

Mystic Thistle said...

Imagination can save your life.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Christy,

The sentiment re imagination is powerful and poignant. Thanks for sharing.

Gord H.

Mystic Thistle said...

You're kidding about the C.S. Lewis book! Someone quoted from it to me yesterday, after a whole week of feeling as if God is trying to tell me that imagination is the best way to survive, and to be nearer to Him. I spent last night on google, trying to find the name of this book! It seems the universe has done all but drop a brick on my head about this message and I am so grateful. Thank-you, thank-you for being part of it.

Isn't "Paintsmudge" silly? I decided I wanted a fun little blog tag, and since I'm always finding smudges of paint, even on my nice pants... Good for you on the paint jobs! Its hard work.

all the best,
Christy

also I meant to tell you that I really liked this particular post.