Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Live Small and Prosper: Only four people still without cellphones

And I know who the other three are.

In an earlier post I said that ‘I’d be one of the last men standing without a cellphone (or a watch. Or a GPS unit in my car).’

Though “six in 10 people around the world have cellphone subscriptions...” (UN report) four of us still don’t. I wondered aloud, who are the other three?


[“Dang gummit. How does this thing work?”: photo link]

Comments follow:

Butch McLarty said... Never had a cellphone, never had a vibrating beeper. No GPS in the pickup either.

So, there’s one.

Jessica said... We have a cellphone in the car, for emergencies (we bought it three years ago when my husband had a flat tyre in a snowstorm and I thought he'd been flattened on the 401 because he was so late home). I think we've used it three times, so we do own one, but I wouldn't say we used it. No GPS either and never will have one. I'd rather have a map any day.

If she can’t find it in the car, she qualifies.

Amber said... I'm cellphone free, always have been and plan to stay that way!

That makes three. The UN report was spot on.

***

No cellphone? It’s bliss, isn’t it?

.

No comments: