Wednesday, March 31, 2010

From the Workshop: LP album frames take time

Company is here - had to cancel motorcycling yesterday (that’s why you haven’t been subjected to 200 more photos of birdhouses in Port Bruce) - but I’ve been able to sneak out to the shop on occasion to get an assignment done.

The Little Red Roaster, my local coffee shop, has invited me to adorn their walls with LP albums in cedar frames (the place needed a do-over), so I’ve been busy.


["Cedar frames take time but last forever": photos GAH]

While sorting albums I came across a rare find - a 4 - track tape of my favourite Stones album, Flowers, circa 1964.

So, after making 7 new frames I made a wee box frame for the tape.


I’d like to put it on my shop wall right away but the linseed oil takes time to dry.

Everything takes more time when one’s in a hurry, doesn’t it?

Ok, back to my guests.

***

What’s that old saying that applies here?

Is it, “The hurrier you go the behinder you get?”

.

No comments: