Friday, March 12, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: First ride 2010 - I take mine with ice

The day - Thursday, March 11, 2010.

The time - 11:30 a.m.


The temperature - 14 degrees C.

A man steps outside onto his front porch, feels the warmth in the air, looks at his watch, notices he left it in the study along with his socks and says, “It’s time for a motorcycle ride.”

***

I started the motorcycling season with 28,800 km. on my 1994 1100cc Yamaha Virago and, as usual, ended up in Port Bruce with a thermos of coffee from The Little Red Roaster.


["Lots of ice still on the beach"]

Though ice still appeared on the water and beach I could sit on a log, write a few notes, soak up rays and enjoy the scene in my shirt sleeves.


And, as is often the case, I stopped at The New Sarum Diner on my way home for a lovely cheese burger. I don’t eat many each year anymore, but I bet 90% of them are enjoyed while sitting in a booth seat near the front window.


["Best seat in the diner": photos GAH]

2010 looks like a very good year.

***

On your bike yet?

Do you end up in the same place on a regular basis?

.

No comments: