Monday, March 8, 2010

Today’s Weather: Snow will be gone in two weeks

I smelled spring in the air while feeding the birds and watching grandson Ollie on the back deck this morning.


["Accurate weather reports are my motto": photos GAH]

Rays of warm sunlight streamed onto the remains of the snow on one of my weather monitoring stations (a box for garbage cans; I spare no expense on behalf of accurate weather reporting) and I feel it will not last more than another week or two if the present warming trend continues.


Also, Ollie loves to use his new red shovel and keeps throwing snow from Ollie’s Mountain into the yard or onto the deck. So, all snow may disappear in 8 - 10 days.

Am I ready for spring?

I think so.

Snow has been on the ground for a goodly length of time this winter (not as long as in the past, I admit) and dreams of motorcycling are already flowing through my head.

Time to hit the country roads in order to smell the earth come back to life again.

Please click here for my last 'no expense spared' weather report.

***

I saw 30 motorcyclists between Fenelon Falls and London yesterday.

Were you one of them?

.

No comments: