Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Avocado 33 "Time for a New Pot

Outgrowing the Starter Pot

"I snipped the crown, so, hopefully the plant will grow stronger"

I checked. This process - of growing an avocado plant from a pit - started way way back on October 23, 2015. And what did I know about what i was doing at the time? Nada.

And what have I learned since? Pits eventually spring forth a stem The stem grows slowly. Eventually leaves appear. At a certain point one must cut the stem to foster new growth. Repeat. Repeat. When the plant looks like it is too big for the small pot, find a larger pot.

That's what I'm doing today. Tomorrow we shall see what we shall see.

"I feel it's time for a larger pot, and support stick"

Please link to Avocado 32 "Time for Tough Measures"

Photos GH

No comments: