Monday, July 10, 2017

Hot Dog.

[Photo: Best Dog in London]

I dropped off items related to the Labatt Park birdhouse at noon on Friday and - seconds before leaving - I noticed a ball player (for the London Majors) putting condiments onto a hot dog.

Stomach to Brain: Gord didn't have breakfast. It's lunchtime. I'm hungry.

Brain: And?

Stomach to Brain: I'd go for a hot dog. Best in London.

Brain: I'll stop the car.

I walked over to the concession stand, took out my wallet, asked for one hot dog and handed a tenner toward the chef.

"Want something to drink?" he asked.

I said, "I'm fine. Just heading home."

He handed me a dog in tin foil and shook off the tenner. I offered sincere gratitude, loaded up on all available condiments and hit the road. Home in five minutes with the best dog in town.

Any arguments?

Please link to Heartwood at this link.

Photos GH

No comments: