Monday, December 7, 2020

A "1000 Maybe 2000 Fish" Story

 Gizzard Shad Swarm the Thames River in London ONT

Late November - Early December 2020


Introduction:

About a week and a half ago, while walking north of Black Friars Bridge on the Thames Valley Parkway (TVP), one of a group of women unexpectedly spoke to me.

"Do you know about fish?"

I said, "Not really."

"There are hundreds of fish just up ahead, you should see them."

I thought, maybe she saw a few big carp. 

Whatever she saw had attracted attention from others as well, so I stopped where the TVP crosses a small stream and looked into the water. And I quickly realized that there were more than hundreds of fish, there were hundreds and hundreds.

Fortunately, I had a camera and took a dozen photos and over the next several days I took dozens and dozens more.

Photos From Along the Way:
































For more photos from 'Along the Way' please link to First Winter's Day 2020

Photos GH



No comments: