Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Foto Files: Gord and Paul Visit Chicago

 The Trip Was a Doozie

This will look familiar to those who saw my earlier photographs.
 But this time the scene was captured by Paul's camera.

Introduction:

We took the trip two years ago. Since then I shared many of my photos, including one or two of the scene above. Recently I found a Zip File in the Download section of my computer and it contained my son Paul's photos from the same trip.

Gotta say, I enjoyed checking out these shots. That trip was a blast!! And once Covid-19 hits the road, I bet other plans to revisit Chicago will be made in a cheery and snappy manner.

We walked for a mile here and two miles there, took subways when necessary, and visited several corners of the city. Usually, we were looking for museums, craft breweries, galleries, fudge/gift shops or restaurants that served craft beer. We had excellent luck!! I would say 70 per cent of the places we visited are represented below, with a few words of explanation on occasion.

Photos from Along the Way:


Found: Some great beers (above) at a shop near our hotel, The Essex Inn. 

Below: Paul catches me taking photos out the window.



This is what I saw out the window, music amphitheater, Millennium Park. 




Paul's feet upon an expensive carpet : )




Seriously, there was nothing to be serious about.



Revolution Brewing. Great beers.



Gord helps hold the wall in place.





Paul ordered Lemon Pistachio Old Fashioned. Bottom shelf.


I ordered Dreamsicle Bar, far right of the middle shelf. 4,572 calories.



Piece of pizza and beer. Excellent.





Peace. Or, order two more.



The wooden walls behind Paul were worn away by grain pouring upon them over the years.


Half Acres Brewery. Excellent.








The trip back to a particular fine brewery at night was worth it. Thumbs up!


Go ahead. Ask me the name of the brewery. Maybe it will be on the menu... upcoming.


Go ahead. Ask Paul the name of the fine brewery! 'Cause I forget.


Paul caught me (back left, short guy with a goatee) checking the beer menu at Maria's Packaged Goods. Now, we have great stories about that place.


Next day, after a fine sleep, I opened a shop not far from the hotel.



After ice cream, we found our way to Lagunitas Brewery. Huuuuge!




So, save your bottle caps, make wall art (below).












Art pieces follow, from a side trip to a museum.










Kegs of Lagunitas beer at 100 miles per hour...

I think my favourite part of the trip was a stop at Jolly Pumpkin Brewery. The trip was by bus, then foot, and several sour beers were on the menu (my own photos reveal a few scenes). As well, while talking with a distinguished looking gentleman beside me at the bar - the conversation started w a question to me about basketball, and soon shifted to hockey (me, an old Bobby Hull fan) - we discovered we were long-lost cousins!

A big wave to Dr. Chris Harrison!!

Please click here to view a few recent photos from the "First Winter's Day 2020"

Photos Paul Harrison

No comments: