Sunday, July 6, 2008

I swear this is my last word re drive-thrus in London: It’s not even mine

This is a brilliant post and I can’t take credit.

A few weeks ago I wrote a few posts about drive-thrus.

I mentioned the positive benefits of waiting in line from Tim Horton’s point of view and their news that they had 40,000 signatures on a petition to support cars idling for as long as necessary.

In all fairness I added a few opposing thoughts from a letter to the editor of the Free Press.

Trust me - I believe in fairness. At an early age I learned it was absolutely essential, especially when picking sides for a game of scrub or shinny.

After mentioning a few points from each side of the issue I summarized one post by saying:

People who are addicted to the convenience of say, a 2 - 3 minute wait for a large double double vs the huge, unmanageable effort of brewing their own cup in 3 - 4 minutes at a fraction of the cost will sign just about anything after they take the time to go online and sing a petition.


Shortly thereafter I received the following reply, forever hereafter to be known as my last word, though not my own utterance-eth, I do solemnly swear:

What is with you and making your own coffee? I don't have too, I don't want too, and I wont.

.

1 comment:

Toban said...

If you're interested, here a couple of posts from me about the drive-thru debate -

This one is a response to the industry lobbying -
http://tobanblack.net/blog/?p=251

And this one is about the forum that took place last Tuesday -
http://tobanblack.net/blog/?p=250