Monday, July 28, 2008

It Strikes Me Funny: Mr. Dion is bringing his Green Shift to my front door

In my June 18 column I asked Liberal leader Stephane Dion the following:

“Will a carbon tax affect the price of bread, milk, eggs and cheese?”

I wanted him to explain the tax and Green Shift program as fully as possible because I eat hearty breakfasts on a regular basis.

To show him I’m just your typical concerned Canadian I also asked:


“What happens if I buy a new toaster, TV, CD, pair of jeans, shoes, underwear, T-shirt and new socks? Sure, I’ll look and smell better - but what else?”

Readers, it appears Mr. Dion not only read my article but in response to my brilliant questions is now holding town hall meetings in Eastern Ontario (e.g. Kanata, Cornwall, Belleville).

If he bears west another 300 kms. on the 401 highway he'll likely hit Deforest City in the next week or so.

Looks like I’m getting what I asked for.

I’d better go sweep off the porch.

.

No comments: