Monday, July 7, 2008

Motorcycle Miles: I love to get away, then return to the next generation

A family reunion of sorts took place in Bayfield recently minus the chief chef.

We barely averted disaster.

The family member who usually loves to do the BBQing was ill and the spatula was handed to me after I returned from the beach.


[Bayfield, Ontario; From a bluff about half a mile from my sister's BBQ]

“Ok folks. How much carbon do you like on your meat?” was my first question. (I was soon provided with an able assistant.)

Though it is refreshing to talk, laugh, eat way too much food and play cards for quarters with my wife, brother and sisters I always enjoy pulling back into our own laneway to visit with one special member of the next generation of Harrison motorcyclists.


“Hey, Ollie. Let’s get the motor running and head out on the highway,” I like to say while his mother shakes her head.

At what age should I introduce my grandson to my Steppenwolf LPs and CDs?

Click here for photos from a recent bike ride

.

3 comments:

Nestor Family said...

The photo of you with your grandson is way cute! I think you should introduce him to as much as you can as soon as you want! :-)

G. Harrison said...

i like heidi's positive attitude. ollie will catch on quick.

after a short holiday i stopped by to visit today and he introduced me to his latest word - hockey. (my second favourite sport!)

gord h.

Myshell said...

The time is definitely now...pretend his Mama isn't shaking her head..hee hee!

I posted recently about a great man we lost to the river over the
4th of July. For some reason, I think of you. Perhaps it is because he was also writer and from your generation...I'm guessing here. I think you would enjoy his work and encourage you to check it out. Just follow the links in my post.

Cheers to you and your beautiful Grandson...