Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gord's Little Workshop: All I Need Is Birds

The birdhouse triplex below started its life, as far as I’m concerned, at the Dorchester landfill site (fondly known as the dump).

While picking up pieces of scrap lumber here and there my friend Don said, “Do you want this?”


Initially I thought, no.

The piece of lumber Don showed me had metal attached with screws (more work for me), was made of thin strips glue together (I don’t like running glue through my saw blades; call me fussy; don't call me late for supper) and was pretty dirty.


Then I thought, you never know.


And now I do. All I need is birds.

***

‘Twas a busy day. Coffee with a federal member of parliament at 8 a.m., then in front of the computer for five hours, no break.

Next week’s column, however, was finished two minutes before deadline.

I live such an exciting life, eh?

Click here for a look at my latest heart-breaking tune at Hit Songs, Lyrics and Prose. Then wonder what kind of life I must really live!

I hope you’ve had a banner day and are whistling a happy tune.

.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE that triplex birdhouse, so sophisticated any bird would be happy to call one of the condos home.

Have a great day,
Jane

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jane,

I may have to keep the first triplex to see if it draws birds.

I'll build a couple of others for local shops.

Red roofs - the best.

Cheers,

GAH