Saturday, January 30, 2010

The birds are lined up like planes over La Guardia

I think it’s the cold weather.

Birds are nervous about their food supply so are checking out all neighbourhood feeders closely.


["Three of seven remained after hearing my teeth chatter?": photos GAH]

They’re even sifting through several fresh layers of snow in search of the seeds I scattered on my deck recently.


["The good stuff is down under the snow"]

They’re finding plenty of seeds but fly off whenever I tip toe down by back stairs, camera in hand, and peek from behind window curtains.


["Politely waiting his turn": photos GAH]

Where seven sparrows and chickadees were perched (Where was my female cardinal?), no doubt politely waiting their turn on the ground or at feeders, three remained by the time I focussed on them.

I swear they hear me breathing.

Because it’s cold on the stairs, maybe my teeth were chattering.

***

Are birds visiting your feeder(s)? What type do you see?

.

No comments: