Friday, January 1, 2010

Today’s Weather: London receives a wee sprinkling of snoooo

Yesterday's weather was lovely lovely, by the way.

Sorry, I digress.

Try to read the title of the post in a Scottish accent (roll the r in receives, say wee with a high pitch and take as long as you want on the last word).

I’m feeling a bit Scottish this morning for a few reasons.

First, I am a bit Scottish. (Gordon and Campbell blood).

Second, 2010 just began and I have no Christmas debt to worry about.

(That’s right, Scotland. I paid cash for everything - my birdhouse money - and kept my spending way doooon. And the crowd went wild!)

And finally, my daughter-in-law gave me a spurtle last night as a belated Christmas gift (“somehow it got lost”).


["A trio of spurtles or spirtles": link to photo]

Absolutely lovely.


["A flake is heading for my right eye. Aieee!": photo GAH]

So, back to today’s weather.

We’re getting touch of snow, adding a wee bit to what we already have. Still too slippery for motorcycling and safety vests are optional.

***

We’re in for a cold snap, my wife says.

But are we going to get the 12 inches of snow we need?

Don’t hold your breath. This is Canada, eh.

.

No comments: