Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ollie and Me: Grandson, grandfather - one and the same

This morning my wife told me the following story about my grandson Ollie:

Recently his parents bought a small cabinet for winter hats, mitts and scarves and shortly after they placed it in their front hallway Ollie discovered it.

He was so happy.

He opened the two doors, pulled out the drawer and said, “I need more toys.”


["Ollie adjusts the duplo bridge while Thomas waits": photo GAH]

Though he doesn’t need more toys (he has more as a three-year old than my four siblings and I received during our childhood), I had to laugh.

Not because of his spontaneity and imagination, though he has both in spades.

Because I was thinking, if I got a new cabinet for my study, what would I put in it?

The same thing as my grandson!

Oh yeah, Ollie and I are definitely related.

.

No comments: