Thursday, January 14, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny: I’m not a wine drinker but...

The fifth annual Wine and Food Show is coming up in London, and though I’m not much of a wine drinker I glanced at a newspaper article about the event (yesterday’s issue of The London Free Press) and learned folks attending this year’s event can also sample, among other things, beer.

And I like a good beer.

I also liked a statement attributed to one of The Wine Sisters (they’ll be attending) that made me chuckle quizzically, and if there’s one thing I need (say, every other Thursday) it’s a quizzical chuckle.

One of the sisters said there are a lot of variables that come into play when choosing the right wine for an occasion, so education is key.

"It depends on your mood, what the season is . . . if you're sipping it on a patio or in front of a bear-skin rug."

Again, I’m not a wine drinker, but even when sipping a beer I think education is key.


[“Perfect beer to sip while assembling a bird feeder”: photo GAH]

When I’m on my back deck in the summer I like something light, mildly hoppy, with a smooth after taste.

And when I’m sitting in front of a bear-skin rug I like to slip off my socks or indoor sandals, wiggle my toes, sip an amber ale and ask the question, why am I sitting in front of a bear-skin rug?

Why would I sit in front of any rug?

Maybe it’s just me.

***

Call me quizzical.

.

No comments: