Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Zoom w a View: The backyard is looking better

Thanks to yesterday’s steady snowfall, snow cover may remain in my backyard until March.

I’m happy about that.

Ollie’s Mountain will get good use as a weather monitoring station (it’s grown by 5 - 6 inches) and a place for Ollie to play.


Ordinary bird feeders look better with a layer of snow.


With more birds feeding in the backyard I may actually get to photograph one or two rare specimens from behind the window curtain in our back room.


And while shovelling the deck and filling the feeders I get to listen to handfuls of birds gather, then chirp from inside our 25 - 30 ft. blue spruce while they wait for me to leave.


["The trees are alive with the sound of chirping": photos GAH]

More snow, please.

***

Would you wish for more snow?

Please click here for photos related to yesterday's snowfall.

.

No comments: