Friday, September 9, 2011

Birdhouse London: Twenty-six boxes, post-trim

You and I differ in a lot of ways, I bet, but surely we agree that some birdhouses look a lot better once the builder applies custom trim.

Sure, a ‘trimmed-out’ birdhouse costs more : ) but that’s the way things work, at least in my workshop. Unless you can prove we’re related and want the family discount.

Earlier I stated that “post-trim” photos would follow the “pre-trim” photos.

And now they do.

Photo 1 - “Barn board and hemlock faces are dressed up a bit”


Photo 2 - “Six houses made from dresser drawers avec trim”


Photo 3 - “Five houses from B.C. red cedar.”


Photo 4 - “Red cedar looks and smells lovely lovely” (which is more than lovely)



[Photos by GH]

***

Please click here to view Twenty-six boxes, pre-trim.

.

2 comments:

lanniedee said...

Hi Gordo: twenty-six birdhouses does a village make! Yes, you now have your own village, what will you call it..Tweeterville? maybe Birdgessville, ha, ha..great hobby and lovely spending money..love L.Dee

G. Harrison said...

Hi LD,

There's a Teeterville near Norwich, so Tweeterville would fit right in, but I like your Birdgessville better.

I'll slow down the birdhouse production after my last show in October. Other projects in the shop need some attention.

Dave and family visits this week and we go to fenelon later in Sept., so I don't know if we'll get north this fall. Drat. We'll keep in touch.