Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Zoom w a View: One old dresser, one new idea

Superman hears cries of distress and flies to the rescue. Batman sees the bat signal in the sky and rushes to Gotham City’s aid.

Recently, I heard my neighbour two doors down knocking something apart with a hammer, so I quietly left my backyard workshop, peeked over his gate and planned my own rescue mission.

“When he throws the remains of that old dresser onto the curb, I’ll see if there’s anything I can use,” I said.

And there was. Six of my latest batch of 16 birdhouses are made from lovely lumber from a beat up set of drawers.


[“What’s in your drawers?”]

Three others were cut according to a new design I ‘made up as I went along’ yesterday.

If it works out, guess who will be the first to know?


[“Nothing special so far. But you just wait.” photos by GH]

Stay tuned.

***

Please click here for more Zoom w a View.

.

No comments: