Sunday, March 6, 2011

Zoom w a View: Is the Ice Age really over?

Saturday, 4:40 p.m., between drops of rain, I photographed my messy backyard and sidewalk.

The ice and snow may be disappearing before my eyes but 6 inches of water keep me from prized lumber in The Annex. What shall I do with my spare time?

Photo 1: “Soggy Fire Pit”


Photo 2: “Too Deep for Duckies”



I notice the cement is becoming bare. Ice is receding southward. (Is that the usual direction? What will people on Commissioners Rd. do with my ice?)

Photo 3: “Thin Ice Heading South”


I may not be able to reach my lumber supply, but at least I’ll be able to take out the garbage without falling on my can.


Photo 4: “The Garbage Route from Here”

[Photos by GH]

***

I spoke too soon. (More to follow).

Please click here for an earlier Zoom w a View.

.

No comments: