Monday, April 14, 2014

Boston Marathon Again?

["I liked wearing my Bill Rodgers T-shirt"]

I ran the Boston Marathon on April 19, 2005, was interviewed - the morning of - for 'The Tonight Show' starring Jay Leno (my bit ended up on the cutting room floor), got nasty blisters by the 5th km (of a 42 km. race), stopped to say hello to Sen. John Kerry atop Heartbreak Hill, detoured to grab a Canadian flag from my wife near the end of the race and finished with a flourish on a very long, hot day.

["I crossed the finish line the next day"]

["Michelle, Mike, Gord, John, Frank. $800 of shoes"]

If I want to run it again I have to run a qualifying marathon in another city and finish faster than 4 hr. and 10 min., or 35 minutes slower than my qualifier in 2004. Ten years have passed since I last qualified and I'm definitely slower and heavier.

But I know how to work hard. And I'm thinking about it.

pass the beans and weenies!

Photos GH

No comments: