Friday, June 17, 2011

Birdhouse London: I think I goofed up

Stink. I hate it when this happens.


I assembled the first of three large triplexes yesterday, and in order to see it in the best possible light, I placed it - just a few minutes ago - on a sawhorse in the back yard.


Oh oh, I thought. Oh oh.

Do you see the problem?


When compared to the model that inspired me, my entry holes are higher so my porch roof appears too low. Stink.

On the bright side, upon closer inspection, I notice the blue model has an outhouse to the right of the smaller unit (far right in photo), and I’ve got lots of room to place one in the front yard, just to the right of the porch I am about to fix.


["Why does a moon appear on an outhouse door?": photos GH]

So, on the one hand - a problem I can fix without toooo much trouble.

On the other - an add-on I can build in 15 minutes or less, unless I get all fancy-schmancy with the door of the new crapper.

Yes, that could happen.

***

Please click here for more "luck with lumber".

.

No comments: