Thursday, June 16, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: “Show me the money!”

What was my wife thinking?

A very expensive motorcycle was parked in front of our house yesterday (I saw it while loading my hockey equipment into the trunk of the Civic), and though I glanced at it, I didn’t feel one inclination - not even the slightest - to take a photo of it.

I left for hockey, careful not to turn sharply and scratch the Harley while backing out of the drive. When I arrived home at 6:00, it was gone. But I later found photos of the bike on my camera.


["I'll save up all my money...": photo PH]

“Gord will love this shot.”

Did that thought cross my wife’s mind as she took her first picture?

“Gord loves all bikes. I bet he’d love to ride this one.”

Was she thinking that?

“I’ll save up all my money and buy it for Gord for Fathers’ Day.”

Do you think? That last one - not a chance.

Well, whatever ran through her mind, I appreciate her thinking of me. She’s not into bikes herself, so I know she didn’t snap pictures to fill one of her own albums. Unless I’ve completely misjudged the girl for 41-plus years.

Here’s what I was thinking when I first saw the bike:

Expensive. Unique. Not your typical Harley. Low-rider. I would probably be able to handle it. $35,000?

Here’s what I was thinking when I saw my wife’s photos:

It’s not for me. Too extravagant. But, if my wife shows me the money, I could be persuaded to take a test drive!

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: