Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Motorcycle Miles: Port Bruce... again. And again.

I know. If I take my hands off the handlebars of my motorcycle it will take me to Port Bruce almost every time.

My 1994 Virago knows well the route to ‘the land that time forgot.’ I’ve stopped so many times at the Corner View Cafe (formerly known as The Beach Hut, Shutters on the Beach, Shutters) the owner has reserved a parking spot for me and tosses in free coffee and refill on occasion.

(Not every time. I need to return for another 20 years before ‘free coffee’ becomes the norm. I’m up for that).








["Why wouldn't my bike know the way?": photos by GH]

Sunday was a busy day in the Port. Many fishermen lined the pier. Over flow fishermen lined the stony beach. Sailors had a perfect day.

***

Please click here for more Motorcycle Miles.

.

No comments: