Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Motorcycle Miles: The laziest photos in history

After paying for my coffee and hot chocolate and French fries for my friend’s daughter, I plunked myself down at a picnic table on the beach at Port Burwell to enjoy the cool breeze off lake Erie.

We soon zipped up our riding jackets as high as they would go.


It’s been that kind of spring. With summer - officially - about 10 days away, I hope temperatures will rise a bit so I don’t have to buy coffee (if that’s what it really is) at beachside stands to warm me up.


I snapped a few pictures of the lake (no one was in the water!) without getting up from the table, then noticed a rare shot. Two of my favourite motorcycles were sitting side by side between two cars.


["Two great bikes. I know them well.": photos GH]

The closest is a 250cc Suzuki Marauder. It once was mine, but now belongs to a friend from Aylmer. The second bike is my current bike, a 1994 1100cc Yamaha Virago.

I could have taken a nicer photo but I didn’t want to move too far from my hot coffee, even though it tasted a bit like mud. Hot mud.

Next time, if it’s warm outside, I’ll do better.

***

Please click here for more Motorcycle Miles.

.

No comments: