Friday, June 17, 2011

I left the EURO Zone behind and... got creative.

Gerrit Rietveld built many amazing chairs in his lifetime. Google ‘rietveld chair’ and you’ll see his red and blue chair.


[Photo link]

Google ‘rietveld crate chair’ and you’ll see several that are worth more EUROs than I usually have on me during a really good year.


[Rietveld crate chair - 6,000 - 9,000 EURO: Photo link]


["The Harrison Lizard Chair. Comes w dust covered old gent."]

However, using rescued pine and cedar, I have constructed my own versions of crate chairs in the past and am now assembling all the necessary lumber to build eight more. (I call them the Harrison Lizard Chair because they are a mottled colour and I lounge around in them).




["The makings of eight more Lizards": photos by GH]

So, if you want the most comfortable chair in the world and don’t have 1,000s of EUROs handy, try building your own crate chair.

If I can do it, you can too.

***

Please click here for another visit to The Workshop.

.

No comments: