Monday, June 20, 2011

Zoom w a View: Backroads, birds and barns

Yesterday was a perfect day for motorcycling. Warm enough for a light jacket only, clear skies all the way.


I rode to Aylmer by way of backroads, then continued east, primarily on The Kings Highway 3 toward Delhi, and Norfolk and Oxford County Road 59 (formerly Kings Highway 59) toward and through Norwich, with a few detours on sideroads along the way.

The air was alive with birds during my four-hour journey.


Two orioles flew in front of the bike (a risky venture for them) causing me to hold my breath while they negotiated the sharpest of turns to escape a splattered demise, and every time I stepped off the bike to take photos I heard birdsong from every direction.

Peaceful fields and old barns stood still for photos. Hundreds of birds did not.


["Barns stood still for photos": photos by GH]




Though I only covered 200 km in my circuitous route, I encountered much treasure for the eye and lens.

***

Please click here for more Zoom w a View.

.

No comments: